You can submit a fix request if you have some changes to your floor plans (please see the list of accepted requests below). You can also use our Quick Edit tool to make the changes yourself.
Here’s how you submit your request:
- From your web account, select the order you’d like fixed.
- Click on the “Fix request” button on the upper right.
- Tell us what changes you’d like. You can upload images or files to help with your explanation or mark up the original floor plan showing the changes. The more information you provide, the better.
- Check the “I have provided all necessary corrections to the best of my knowledge and I understand that I have 3 free fix requests in total” box.
- Click “Send”.
You can also get to the Fix Request page by using the Actions dropdown from the orders list page.
When your fix request has been submitted, the icon next to the order will change to
Please note: You are entitled to up to 3 free fix requests per order.
When your fix is done, you will receive an email and the icon next to the order will change back to
Submitting a fix request
Here is a list of changes than can be requested:
- Change room labels. You can use the Quick Edit tool to do it too. https://www.cubi.casa/support/quick-edit/change-labels/
- Add, change or remove doors, windows and furniture
- Add a space you forgot or was unable to scan, for example a garage, a room or a balcony
- Structural changes, for example change wall positions
- Change units. Please update your preferred units to your account.
- Change the address of your order
- Toggle on/off dimensions for internal areas. Please see instructions on how to do it.
Unfortunately, there are some changes we are unable to make:
- Edit room dimensions
- Rotate or flip the floor plan
- Combine or merge floor plans from separate scans
- Split one floor to multiple floors
- Add a new floor to the floorplan
- Add the total square footage
- Add labels for the furniture. You can do with the Quick Edit tool. The feature is also available through the Exporter API.