- Turn on lights and open doors before scanning
- Scan the whole property (including all floors and any detached garage/porch) in one continuous scan
- Tilt the device slightly down and point the camera straight ahead towards walking direction
- Focus on the floors, no need to show more than 3 feet (1 meter) of the wall – no need to scan ceilings
- Scan no closer than 3 feet (1 meter) and no farther than 8 feet (2 meters) from walls and furniture
- Turn in a calm way and back out of narrow spaces rather than turning around
- Scan small spaces through the door opening without entering the space
Watch an example of a CubiCasa scan to see how it works in practice.