Do you know how to write a good real estate property description? Learn how to describe a house for sale by following this step-by-step guide. The main features your listing should include are amazing photos, a good house description and the real estate keywords to include.
1. A picture is worth a thousand words…
You can either try to take photos by yourself or call a house photographer. Having a high-quality shooting can make a difference and the listings with professional pictures are ranking way higher. Try to find the best real estate photographer for yourself.
According to Zillow here, there are some suggestions: take a shot from the outside, this is usually the first one which readers see. If you have a drone, try to take some pictures from a bird’s view – aerial photography gives another dimension to your home description. Moreover, your listing photos have to show the best points which are interesting for buyers to see. Again, you can capture your house in the night from outside, turn on all the lights and create magical pictures.
When we are talking about photos you do need to include also a good quality floor plan, it’s easy to create one! You cannot miss this image – let people know about your room dimensions to provide an overview of your home!
Photo by John Lockwood on Unsplash
2. How to compose a good description
Undoubtedly, pictures play a powerful role, but your home’s presentation could be the added value.
Since in most listing websites you just have the opportunity to write 100 or 1.000 words at best, you need to understand how to describe a house for sale accordingly. Be original and think outside the box! Firstly, give your listing a good structure and each section has to embed particular details. An example of how to organize your listing description could be the following:
- Headline – Its aim is to catch the reader’s attention.
- Opening statement – Be sweet and short! Describe briefly what your text is going to be about. Don’t hesitate to use linguistic websites to find real estate words. For instance:
“Visit now this unique vacation home with rustic cozy interior and panoramic sea view!”
- Narrative description – Here you should include not only the primary features of your property such as rooms, square footage, size, location but also extra facilities in the neighbourhood too. Add a few sentences about the property using some real estate marketing words and make the reader feel the atmosphere.
- Promotion – If you want to push your readers towards action, use some special promotion statements. What can you offer additionally? Here are examples: limited time, small discounts, etc.
- Call to action – remind why your audience should contact you, call you, take the chance to see the property.
Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash
3. How to describe the home’s features with captivating words
You can start including the name of your district or neighbourhood – buyers are not going to find your home just by searching for listings on a map! Home’s buyers love the easy access to the shops, parks, cafes, and places they may need in their everyday lives. Regarding your home’s features, you must describe the home’s style or design with reference to brand and materials’ names. Accordingly to Zillow use words as luxurious, charming and impeccable to create a stylistic picture. Keep in mind two things:
- Buyers’ preferences change over time.
- Different buyers prefer different materials.
Photo by Jolene Hardy on Unsplash
Moreover, if you have built appealing custom features, you should definitely mention them including the materials’name they are made by. Including names as stainless, granite or tile could highly increase the value.
Photo by iAlicante Mediterranean Homes on Unsplash
Finally, your home’s description should stay on-trend features! Nowadays buyers are looking for a home with features that are both environmentally and financially responsible. We suggest you keep updated about what buyers currently like and make sure to trigger those preferences also adding words like upgraded, modern or original.
To sum up…
Definitely, the presentation is the most important feature that helps you in selling your property. Deciding how to describe a house for sale is not simple, but if you want to market it like a pro you either need to study which words and photos to include and how to organize your description. Add professional photos and floor plan and give to your home’s description something that will stand it out from all the listings.